The City of East Chicago is reminding motorists of temporary road closures in the area of the Michigan Avenue/Guthrie Avenue intersection due to a water-main break that occurred Monday. The closure also includes the Cline Avenue Ramp to Michigan Avenue and other roadways in the vicinity of Guthrie and Michigan Avenues. We have a complete list of detours available at our website and on social media. If you would like more information, please feel free to contact the East Chicago Water Department at 219-391-8469.
The following are recommendations on alternative routes for truck and vehicular traffic:
Coming from Cline Avenue:
· Cline North/South to Columbus Drive West to Euclid Avenue
· Euclid Avenue heading North to Michigan Avenue
· Michigan Avenue heading East to Dickey Road
Coming from Dicky Road:
· Dickey Road South to Michigan Avenue
· Michigan Avenue West to Euclid Avenue South to Columbus Drive or Chicago Avenue; or
· Michigan Avenue West to Kennedy Avenue South to Chicago Avenue
For additional information, please feel to contact the East Chicago Water Department.