The Indiana Department of Natural Resources reports that hunters may now apply for a reserved hunt online at http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/2344.htm.
According to the DNR, all applicants must possess a valid hunting license for the species they’d like to hunt with all applications completed by the application deadline to be eligible for the drawing. Hunters are to be selected through a random drawing with all drawing results to be posted online within a week after application deadlines.
The online method is the only way to apply.
- Dove Hunt Draw Online application must be completed by July 27. Available properties for 2015 are Blue Grass, Jasper-Pulaski, Kankakee, Kingsbury, Pigeon River, Willow Slough, and Winamac Fish & Wildlife Areas, and Salamonie Lake. Due to flooding during the sunflower growing season, J.E. Roush Lake, LaSalle and Willow Slough will not be in the 2015 draw.
- Deer Creek Fish & Wildlife Area (FWA) Deer Hunt Online application must be completed by Aug. 17.
- Deer Creek FWA Upland Hunt Online application must be completed by Aug. 17
- Military/Refuge Firearm and Archery Deer Hunt Draw Online application must be completed by Aug. 24. Hunts on military/refuge properties may be canceled at any time.
- State Park Deer Reduction Hunts Online application must be completed by Aug. 24.
- Youth Firearm Deer Hunt at Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge Online application must be completed by Aug. 24.
- T.C. Steele Firearm Deer Hunt Online application must be completed by Aug. 24.
- Pheasant Hunt Draw Online application must be completed by Sept. 28. Adults should not apply for the Nov. 7 hunt. Nov. 7 is reserved for youth (17 and younger) only.
Applications for waterfowl draw hunts begin in late August. Pheasant put-and-take and state park goose will be available in September.
To view all DNR news releases, please see http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/