The Michigan City High School Athletic Department today said they wanted to announce that despite an auto accident at Ames Field Thursday night, tonight’s scheduled varsity football game between Michigan City and Lake Central will proceed as planned. Kickoff will be at 7pm at Ames Field.
A news release from Michigan City Area Schools also said the Visitors side of the stadium will be completely closed. This means:
• Seating for ALL fans will be on the home side of Ames Field. This is the South side.
• All fans should enter through the main gates on the south side of Ames Field.
• There will be a designated section of the stands for Lake Central fans on the East portion of the South stands.
• All parking lots will be open as usual.
• Concessions and restrooms will only be available in the South stands concourse.
All tickets for tonight’s game are $7 each, and Ames Field is a cash-only facility.