Region-News-Team-White-Logo

Merrillville Family's Home Burns Due to Candle During Outage

Share this post

A family of nine using a candle during a power outage are now in temporary housing after it accidentally set their house on fire earlier this morning. The Times reports fire crews were called out around 1:30am to the 37-hundred block of West 75th Avenue in Merrillville. No injuries were reported. NIPSCO says an additional 28-thousand customers in their service territory lost electricity due to another of storms Thursday night, this on top of the 105-thousand customers impacted by severe storms since earlier this week.
# # #


Meet-The-Team-white

Laura-WXRD Scott-WXRD Brent-WXRD
LAURA WALUSZKO
Region News Team
SCOTT ROSENBERG
Region News Team
BRENT BROWN
Region News Team
Jay-WXRD Karl-WXRD Annie-WXRD
JAY STEVENS
Region News Team
KARL BERNER
Region News Team
ANNIE FOX
Region News Team

Recent-Newscast-white

Flash is not supported on this device. If you wish to listen to this audio, you must download and play an mp3 using an mp3 player on your device. CLICK HERE