Press the play button to hear the latest news from THE REGION.
How to Spot a Fake Job Ad:
• Job postings and reply emails with a lot of grammatical errors and misspellings are likely scams.
The typo "production acoounlnt" is a classic example.
• Ads containing the phrases "Immediate Start" and "No Experience Needed" are popular in
• If a job looks suspicious, search for it in Google. If the result comes up in many other cities
with the exact same job post, it is likely a scam.
• Be very cautious of any job that asks you to share personal information or hand over money.
Scammers will often use the guise of running a credit check, setting up direct deposit or paying
• Check out the business's website to make sure the opening is posted there. If you are still
skeptical, call the business to check on the position.
# # #