Here's the news release from Franciscan Alliance:
Franciscan Alliance Lake County hospitals have adopted temporary visitor restrictions in an effort to help prevent spread of the influenza virus.
The measures, effective at Franciscan St. Anthony Health-Crown Point, Franciscan St. Margaret Health-Dyer and Hammond and Franciscan Physicians Hospital in Munster, include:
* People exhibiting flu-like symptoms are asked to not come to the hospitals to visit. Symptoms include runny nose, cough, or fever of more than 100 degrees.
* Visitors under age 18 will not be permitted.
* No more than two persons at a time may visit a patient and visiting hours will be strictly enforced.
* Visitors are asked to sanitize their hands before coming into the hospitals and to wash their hands often, especially before entering a patient’s room and upon leaving. Hospitals are equipped with hand sanitizer units, as well.
* Reading materials and toys in many cases have been removed from waiting rooms.
Visitors are thanked for their cooperation to help the hospitals minimize the impact of the virus.